Business Applications Developer – Boston, MA
The Community Builders, Inc. is the largest nonprofit urban housing developer in the United States. Our mission is to build strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their fullest potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others. We are currently seeking a Senior Business Applications Developer to join our team.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Make use of agile development methodologies to design and develop business software applications in partner with end users and IT Project Managers.
- Full life cycle development of Windows Forms and ASP.NET applications using Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Code maintenance, bug fixes and enhancements of existing .NET enterprise applications
- Problem analysis, design, code development and documentation as required.
- Interpret business requirements and identify solutions to meet business needs
Education: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business, or Finance.
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience with Microsoft development tools (Visual Studio, Visual Basic, C#, Sharepoint Server, Windows Sharepoint Services, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services/Integration Services/Analysis Services, etc.).
- Proficiency with relational database technologies including Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Transact-SQL, Stored Procedures, etc.
- Ability to design database schemas for transactional applications, and write complex queries and stored procedures for reporting and analysis.
- Experience with Windows server products like IIS, Active Directory Services.
- Proficient in VB.NET and ASP.NET
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with .NET 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0
- Excellent communications skills
- Successful track record of client service.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.