Family Enrichment Specialist
CHICAGO, IL—The Family Enrichment Specialist works alongside families in the Oakwood Shores community to achieve their aspirations while fostering neighbor-to-neighbor connections. This role works with residents identify their strengths and needs in a supportive environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop positive, supportive, and trusting relationships in the Oakwood Shores Community
- Strength-based case management approach for families at risk; including the development and follow-up with Resident Individual Success Plans and referrals
- Play a direct role in coaching residents
- Timely collection of all required data, and completion of all reports, documentation, and program evaluations.
- Operate with the budget approved by the Director of Community Life, oversee all expenditures, and ensure prompt and proper documentation as required by the corporate office.
- Increase staff capacity through trainings, and issue awareness around domestic violence, mental health, etc.
- Manage all contractual obligations and deadlines related to funding and/or community partnerships
Qualifications: Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Licensed clinical social worker or LCPC
- Systemically operate from strength-based and community contribution lens
- 3+ years experience in family setting. Experience with community organizing or in a community setting is preferred.
- A passion and commitment to building strong communities through helping families and youth succeed.
- Past experience in staff or intern management
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships with community partners.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with site team members and members of other organizations.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Upbeat attitude and ability to inspire others.
- Cultural competency and responsiveness.
- Basic computer skills, with a proficiency in MS Office, and other database experience.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred, But Not Required:
- Familiarity with affordable housing
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The Community Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.